DIGA3035 M4 CP - Design Competition (Part 1)

For my competition I chose the Clairvoyants 2020 Illustrated Children's Book Projection Competition (fourth edition), found here. The requirements for this contest is a full storyboard or script, three finished double spreads, and a summary. I have chosen to do a book for younger children, five and younger since this is the age group of my niece. I decided to write the book about one of my cats, Thunder, who is all black, because I think black cats still need more appreciation and love since they're always the last cats to get adopted in shelters. All but the first and last pages will be double spreads for a total of thirteen lines and thirteen illustrations on twenty-four pages. 

Here is the manuscript (with the page numbers before each line), I have bolded the lines for the illustrations that I will be doing:

1. I want you to meet my best friend.

2-3. He’s small, fuzzy, and silly.

4-5. And his name is Thunder…but we call him “Little Mister” and “Tunat.”

6-7. He’s always nearby…a small purring shadow.

8-9. Thunder enjoys cuddling with me when we watch TV.

10-11. He’s by my side when I work.

12-13. He’s always happy to see me when I come home.

14-15. And follows me around the house.

16-17. He likes to sleep on the clean laundry.

18-19. His favorite food is tuna.

20-21. He has fun playing with his brother and sister.

22-23. His fur is the softest and he likes lots of pets.

24. But what he loves the most is me.

Below are the sketches for the three double spreads. I have done two alternate illustrations for the three double spreads:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIGA3035 M6CP2 - Animation

DIGA3035 M5CP2 - Animation

DIGA3035 M6CP1 Animation