DIGA3035 M4 CP - Design Competition (Part 2)

 




Above are the final three spreads for the competition. I have shared them with friends and family. They all really liked them, but feedback was a bit on the slim side. For the second spread, pages 10 and 11, a friend recommended changing "work" to "play," but I have a hard time seeing the photo as playing a game instead of working. The third spread, pages 16 to 17, one person said that the socks look odd; it was a strange empty space on the picture and maybe I could change the socks to maybe like a chalkboard or some sign. I could also raise the washer, dryer, and laundry basket up a bit, but I really want to keep Thunder centered. I'm not sure if children's books have page numbers, but I added them so I can reference them by the page numbers. 

The competition requires the manuscript (the numbers on the left are the page numbers):

1. I want you to meet my best friend.

2-3. He’s small, fuzzy, and silly.

4-5. And his name is Thunder…but we call him “Little Mister” and “Tunat.”

6-7. He’s always nearby…a small purring shadow.

8-9. Thunder enjoys cuddling with me when we watch TV.

10-11. He’s by my side when I work.

12-13. He’s always happy to see me when I come home.

14-15. And follows me around the house.

16-17. He likes to sleep on the clean laundry.

18-19. His favorite food is tuna.

20-21. He has fun playing with his brother and sister.

22-23. His fur is the softest and he likes lots of pets.

24. But what he loves the most is me.

The last requirement for the competition is a summary:

This book’s title is “My Best Friend, Thunder” and it’s about my black cat. The story is geared towards younger children, about five years old, and is about Thunder and his favorite things. He is a black cat and I want to share how wonderful black cats are. I want to dissuade people from believing superstitions about them. I tried to keep the story short, sweet, and somewhat whimsical without a direct statement about black cats being good because the age range is a bit too young for something direct. I also want to keep away from the bad things that happens to them, instead I opted to showcase my cat and how awesome and silly he is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIGA3035 M6CP2 - Animation

DIGA3035 M5CP2 - Animation

DIGA3035 M6CP1 Animation