DIGA3035 M3 CD Design Part 1: My Madness

The songs I chose are eight of the most listened to for the past few months. My Recently Played playlist is filled with songs from varying genres and fit for different moods, but these eight are some of the ones I keep coming back to. The title I’ve gone with is “My Madness” because I feel that this collection touches upon the different emotions I go through a day. I’ve ordered them from sad with a recognition of self to hopeful love to determination/motivation to peace. 

For the cover I’m thinking of a lake scene as the sun is rising. Most of the image will be shadowy and dark. The sky above will be the night sky on the left while it lightens as it goes right where you will see early dawn colors. I’m not sure about placement of the title, maybe in the water and have it be a bit wavy like the water’s surface. 

 

For the middle pages (2 through 7) I will have the sky color theme run across them. Many of the booklets I’ve looked at have images of the band/artist on the center pages so I’m not sure if I want to add an image in the middle. If I do, I’m not sure what it would be. I like the idea of “handwritten” text for the lyrics, like with Finger Eleven’s self-titled album but more like the text in Garbage’s self-titled album.

 

The back will be a list of the songs with run time. I’m not sure if I want to put the artist’s name on the back or in with the lyrics. I feel that it should definitely be with the lyrics and I want the back to be a bit plainer/simpler. For the song number I’m thinking of having the number written out as how it was done on P!ink’s M!ssundaztood album.


SONGS:

1.     “Gasoline” Halsey 3:20

2.     “Orasul Umbre (Shadow City)” Alexandrina 4:21

3.     “Save Yourself” Stabbing Westward 4:14

4.     “Man or a Monster (feat. Zayde Wolf)” Sam Tinnesz 3:26

5.     “The Fool” Ryn Weaver 3:50

6.     “I choose” Alessia Cara 3:38

7.     Dă-i Foale (Give It A Try/Go)” Subscarpați 4:38

8.     “Rain Dance” Dan Curtis 4:15


SKETCHES:

A: is the front and back, B is the middle pages. I have also included a photo of the three CD booklets that I liked the styles of. C1 is two of the lyrics pages from Finger Eleven's self-titled album, C2 is P!nk's M!ssundaztood album's back cover, and C3 is the song list from Garbage's self-titled album.





Here are the other sketches:



I played with the idea of images from space and dark, covered trails in the woods. I'm leaning more towards the lake sketches, especially the one with the dock.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIGA3035 M6CP2 - Animation

DIGA3035 M5CP2 - Animation

DIGA3035 M6CP1 Animation