DIGA3035 M2 CP - Identity Design & Branding (Part 2)

Below are the logos that I created for The Hudson Valley Inn, one for the inn itself, one for the restaurant, and one for it's bar:

I chose a gradient of yellow, orange, and brown to represent the fall foliage. I used the letters H, V, and I from the name of the inn. The V is larger to emphasize that the inn is located within the Hudson Valley and I chose the city of Beacon because it's right along the river and the valley the river created. I use a medium brown for the icons of each logo to go along with the fall leaf color scheme. The leaf for the inn to represent the foliage, a dinner tray for the restaurant, and the wine glass for the bar and also because the region is known for its viticulture. I decided to keep the logos very similar so that they can immediately be identified as belonging to the same overall company/the inn.

The font isn't perfect, not exactly what I envisioned, but I was unable to find the "right" one. I tried to trace the sketch I used as a template in Illustrator with line segment tool, but it lacked substance for me (directly below is some of the Illustrator "sketches" I made). The final product is made with individual letters from the type tool. The H and I are the same size and positioned the same, but I was unable to stretch the I left and right without making the center too thick (thicker than it is now) so the H appears to be closer to the V.


Here is the business card I created, front for the Inn and back for the restaurant manager. I tried to keep the front and back similar since the logos are similar. The setup is the same and and so is the font. The logos are different since each is for a different aspect of the company. I chose to have a border because it was too plain without it and I didn't want to take away too much from the logos. The color of the card is not stark white because I felt that it was too bright with the colors of the logos, which I wanted to be emphasized on the card.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIGA3035 M6CP2 - Animation

DIGA3035 M5CP2 - Animation

DIGA3035 M6CP1 Animation