M3 Awareness Poster Part 2 - You Are Not Alone



I ended up staying on the more simplistic side. I did consider at one point doing a more animated version but felt that using images of real people would help the audience connect better. In the poster you have the suffer at the bottom left, closer to the audience so that they may be able to better connect if they too are dealing (or have in the past) with mental health issues. The upper right corner has a happy, friendly man with open body language before an open door with white light to represent help and future happiness. I kept the writing simple; the top left (since we read left to right) simply says "You are not alone" in the largest font. The bottom right, next to the sufferer, says "don't be afraid to ask for help."

I had originally intended it to just say "you're not alone" but it felt unbalanced and came up short for the message I was trying to convey. I did attempt to change the color of the shirt from red to a blue but Photoshop fought with me so I left it alone. I also had a hard time finding a photo of an entire person standing and offering a helping hand. I tried to use just a hand coming out of the door but it looked odd and slightly scary. I eventually found a photo of a line of a people and this gentleman stood out as the most friendly and open, even if his shirt is a bit of an "aggressive" color.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIGA3035 M6CP2 - Animation

DIGA3035 M5CP2 - Animation

DIGA3035 M6CP1 Animation